Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sorry

Such a simple two syllable word but so complex in it's meaning and use. It can be worth millions or worthless as a counterfeit bill. I am sorry for all I have done but if it is not accepted it is useless, worthless. I am sorry I have hurt you but the hurt is done and sorry doesn't lessen your pain. I am sorry that I was not there for you and you will have lost trust. A trust that may never recover no matter what I say after saying sorry. I am sorry. It does not erase the past. It doesn't erase countless harsh words. I am sorry and the scar of my actions is forever stamped upon my soul. I am sorry for I am tormented night and day, with every breath, for this is my punishment. I am sorry's prisoner never to be unchained. I am sorry. I feel it strongly. It is heartfelt. Honest. Permanent. Will it ever be enough? I can be sorry person. I can wear sorry as though it were a coat hanging off my shoulders. I can live sorry day in and day out. I can choke on the word sorry like it were a bad cough. Sorry. It feels good to say. Like a weight is lifted from my body. Healing. Comforting. The word though needs someone to receive it. Take it to heart. Take it for all that it is worth. All that it cost. Take it from my heart. And accept it as truth. Be willing to move on. To rebuild. Forge a new beginning. The beginning of hope. We know not what the morrow brings. I for one believe my sorry has value, carries weight and in part I hope will give me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment